Monday, December 7, 2015

wangluying/ chapt5final/ tues1pm

Him

201401991

Wang Luying

 

My boyfriend has always been someone that I look up to, we are really different yet similar in so many ways, his name is first that came to my mind while I was deciding what to do for the interview, and doing this interview with him was no doubt a good way to get to know each other better and it was a fun and meaningful experience for both of us.

 

He came to China a year and half ago, working as an English teacher at an English school, most of the times we are in different countries but we always try to make the best of every situation.

 

I set up the interview over Skype and started by a pretty common question, "why did you come to China in the first place? "

 

"A good friend of mine, Tom, you know him, he was working at this English tutoring center with his wife and they both loved the job and the city. So when the tutoring center needed a new foreign teacher, I took the chance and applied for the job, I'm still really glad I did."

 

"Have you been to China before, or any Asian countries?"

 

"No, I haven't, but I have heard so many wonderful things about Yantai from Tom so I wasn't that worried. I went to Japan with my parents when I was little so I can't really remember any of it but I think I had fun."

 

"Which country do you like better? England or China?" He thought for a bit, stroking his chain and said that he prefer China, the weather here is quite perfect, unlike England which is always so gloomy and cold all year round, and then he mentioned that people here in China are really nice to him all the time.

 

 "What about Chinese then, is it hard to learn?"

 

And then he started to laugh real hard with a little embracement on his face, "you know how it has been for me, it is so hard, I can never get those intonations right but I am glad that you are always there to help and correct me."

 

"What is your biggest passion?"

 

"Music, guitar definitely, guitar was my major back in University and I have been playing guitar for 12 years now." And then he pointed at the two guitars right beside his bed, one electric and one acoustic and laughed. 

 

"Great, I'm gonna go on to some personal questions, are you ready for that?"

 

 "Always."

 

"How did we first met and how long have we been together? Don't get it wrong haha."

 

"Well, we first met at the English tutoring center during my first week in Yantai, you were my teaching assistant and we have been together for over a year now and it has been great, I am glad that we have been together for so long since I feel like I have matured a lot in that time. You have been by my side during all that time and being in a relationship with someone who you care about so much is really easy."

 

I was really happy to hear that, I think this is the first time I asked him questions about our relationship and I think it is great for both of us that we actually get to talk about it taking this opportunity, "what's the most important thing in being in a relationship?"

 

"I would say you have taught me that good relationships really depend on honesty and respect, and if you have that, the rest is all just pretty natural."

 

Then I thanked him for participating in this interview, and we start talking about our days just like any other days. Before this, I never thought an interview with someone could be so easy and comfortable and relaxing at the same time, but at this point I think I'm starting to love the idea of this, you get to ask what you want to know, even questions that you wouldn't usually ask or you felt a little embarrassing to ask. I think this is a great way to know someone better, I would like to do this with my family members too, I think more and more people should do this with their loved ones, because even though you might know that person pretty well, they can surprise you and amaze you from time to time and I am truly grateful for that.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment