Sunday, November 1, 2015

Dan Kim/chapter4/tue 1p.m

Dormitory. It is a best place to live in for the students. Main reason is the money. Around Seoul, there's lot of room you can rent. But problem is their overall price level. If you live alone with only allowance and no part time job. You definitely going to struggle make a living and you might even starve to death. In that sense, I'm very lucky. My dorm is one of special kind. It is built by my hometown, Jeonju, municipal policy. The official thought that high price of housing would be big burden to students who go to Seoul for their study. So they raised the money to built its own dorm. As its purpose was to aid the students, it is backed by the city's budget so that they can collect only small portion of the coin from students' pocket, 150thusand Won per month.

 

This place is like savior for me. When I managed to get accepted to school, there was still problem. My parents was not that affluent and rather low on living. So we have a lot of conflict about finding my place in Seoul. At first when I found the flyer about the dorm I just got the feeling "this is where I have to go!" I felt so thankful for that low price. And price was not the only thing I got surprised.

 

The location of the dorm was just so cool. It is placed close to the Mountain Bukhan. So every morning I woke up with the fresh minty air from the pine and maple woods. And sun shine down the road in front of the dorm and paint it into scarlet. And there's riverside where mallards, ducks, herons are swimming and fishing. Behind the dorm, there's a small hill that leads to the mountain and sometimes wild boar, deer stroll the place sniffing their nose in to ground with rustling sound among the woods. All those things are really hard to see in the city. So I was really amazed that there's a place like this in Seoul. Fine price, cool view of nature, especially in Seoul. What can be better than that?

2 comments:

  1. Yoona Kim
    1. I like overall mood of your essay. I can feel that how much you enjoy living in your dorms. The details you gave in the essay showed how your home town supported the students. Also, the parts where you described the surroundings of the dorm was really interesting.
    2. It wasn't clear for me to find out how the actual dorm looks like. Were you rather focus on the dorm building itself?
    3. Smell - fresh air, pine tree / Visual - sunshine
    4. It's a calm and lively mood.
    5. I think you chose to write about this place because you actually enjoying living in the dorm.
    6. I think it was vague for me to find out whether you want to describe the surroundings of the dorm or the dorm building itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could feel that your dorm means much to you and the reason you chose to write about it is because it's a special place to you. Details given prove that. You explained in the writing about the advantages of your dormitory, about the low price and the location. Your description included senses of smell and the visual. However, I'd like to know more details of dormitory itself, like what it looks like, how many floors it has. - Bo-won Kim

    ReplyDelete