Monday, November 2, 2015

Eunwoo Kim/Chapter4/tue 1pm

My little cozy room


I've never had my own space until the year of 4th grade in an elementary school. When I was 12 years old, my family moved to a new apartment, and for the first time in my life, I got my own room. A super-single sized bed, a big desk, and a shelf fitted barely in my room, but no matter how small it was, I was happy to have my own space. As dreaming of traveling around the world when I grow up, I wanted to put a world in my room. I bought a huge world map sticker to put on my wall. Because I was young and unprofessional to put it on my wall, I made some air bubbles on the map, however it was the best map in the world to me. If I have a country that I want to visit, I put a little triangle sticker on the map to check and imagine myself walking on the desert in Egypt or enjoying the splendid night view in Hong Kong.

There is a large dark brown mahogany desk, in my room, with bunch of books on it. Oh, I didn't read all the books yet, but I gathered them that I wanted to read. There is a super-single sized bed right behind my desk with a green soft blanket. Reading a book as putting down my belly on the bed with hot coco is one of my favorite times. The fluffy surface makes me calm down and the fabric conditioner tickles my nose. Since I stayed at a dormitory since high school, my room became the place where I sometimes go and take a rest. I am so delighted that I have a cozy little room to lay down, dream the future and take a rest.

1 comment:

  1. I also do remember the time I got my own room~ It was really great to have a room just for me. So I felt sympathy reading your essay^^. The size of the room and various furnitures in the room were described clearly so I could imagine how your room looked like and the atmosphere of the new room. The only thing I would like to suggest is to use more different senses when describing details of the room. I think it would be a better essay. I enjoyed your writing. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete