Saturday, November 14, 2015

Ha-eun Jeong/Final Draft of Chapter 4 Essay/Tuesday 1 p.m.

The Room with Green Curtains

             I went to an international school located far from Seoul, my hometown, both for my middle and high school life, so I had moved to there with my mother. Since my real house was in Seoul, we had to buy most of furniture again when we got into an apartment there. My room was not as a comfortable place as the one from my original house for the first several weeks. It could not be any simpler than having just a bed, a desk, and wardrobes in a room. So I missed my room in my house back in Seoul, and my room here, for then, seemed so foreign to me as my first days at school were as well.

             However, as the time passed and as my mother started decorating my room for me, I started to get used and attached to my room. She put bright green curtains with thin, opaque layers, placed an air freshener and a vase filled with beautiful flowers on my desk, and a coffee table next to my bed, and bought me some books to read and put them on the coffee table. She was the one who helped me get adapted to the new environment and grow fond of my new room as well. Thanks to her efforts, my room soon became my favorite place. Whenever I was back from school, the first thing I did was diving into my bed. It became such a relaxing place for me, and it was where I could find comfort in during my six years of stay there.

In winter, my room became the coziest place for me with a nightstand that flashed warm lights and the curtains that embraced my balcony doors to keep cold wind from coming in. I loved reading a book or watching a movie with my laptop half laying down in my bed, with the nightstand on. During summer days, my balcony door was always open so fresh breeze came through the window, and those bright green curtains were swollen by the wind and reached the end of my bed. I could hear kids playing outside through the open window, and smell the scent of flowers and the pine tree air freshener mixed together… God, I still miss my now-old room so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment