Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sieun Kim / Chapter 4_Essay Final Draft/ Tuesday 1pm

The Special House in My Life of Studying Abroad

I went to America when I was in the fifth grade to study in the US school. I was a timid child and had passive attitude before I lived in U.S. So I always worried that I won't make many friends in America. But it was different than I expected. Life there gave me a chance to experience variety of things with many new friends.

The house in U.S I had lived changed my studying abroad life to a valuable memory. I had lived in an apartment not many things located inside when I had lived in Korea but in U.S, I lived in a house much larger than my apartment in Korea. It was a three-storied house with a swimming pool. There were a kitchen, a bedroom and a living room on the first floor, one bedroom, 2 bathrooms, and a study room on the second floor and an attic at the top floor. Of course, there was a parking lot in the basement.

         

 Here is what I did in the house in normal days. My room was on the third floor. Since my room was small, there was only a bed set for me and some dolls I played with. But other rooms were big enough to play. In my study room, there were supplements for art, for example, some drawing books, crayons, markers, and stickers. There also was a computer so I played games and sometimes wrote poems. I often took a bubble bath in the bathroom, cooked in the kitchen and did school assignments sitting on a rocking chair in the living room. In the basement, there were camping equipment, tools needed for house repair thrown on the floor and my father's car.

One thing unique of the house was that there was a tree house in the garden. The tree house was decorated similar to an attic in other friends' house. There were huge swings underneath the tree house and there also were a little TV with DVD player, toys and blankets inside the tree house. I climbed up the letters to get inside the tree house whenever I wanted to take a rest. I guess the smell of the tree made me feel comfortable by getting a feeling of being in the silent forest alone. My friends visited my house very often because there were many things to do in my house and could play on the tree house, too. With my friends, I played board games, watched TV and made dolls out of clay in the tree house. So it was not difficult for me to have many foreign friends and adjust to new school environment.

The house I lived in United States often pops up in my mind. I guess it means that I still really miss my home there.

No comments:

Post a Comment