Friday, November 13, 2015

Hyun woo Jun/ Chapter 4 Essay Final Draft/ Tuesday 1pm

                                                                     Hyun woo Jun 201402934


Mi Casa

     When I was thirteen years old, I left Guatemala and went to Mexico because of my father's work. Since I was five, I had to move a lot because of that so there were many farewells with my friends. I never knew that Mexico would be my favorite home. Ever since I came to Mexico, I went to a church and a school which I never changed until I graduated and went back to Korea. It felt great to be a member of an organization for a long time overcoming hardships and enjoying the greatest moments together with my friends who would come and go or stay in contact even today. Especially during my Senior year, it was a great experience preparing all kinds of events in my school and my church such as for Christmas, Thanksgiving Day, Mexican Independence Day, Senior Trip, and many other special moments. I have made the greatest friends and the most special memories in my five years in Mexico although there were some embarrassing moments and hardships to overcome.

     Mexico is a very beautiful country. People may misunderstand about its violence and abuse on illegal drugs. However, that is not true in most parts of Mexico because I have visited several places in Mexico such as Puebla, Oaxaca, Guadalajara, Cancun, Mexico City, and Veracruz. They all have something in common. The people are very friendly and easy to talk to. They have a positive attitude toward life and they are very willing to help one another when someone is having trouble. I have seen many Mexicans helping my pastor They helped decorating the church whenever there is an event, teaching and playing with the kids, inviting people around the church to come and many others. Life in Mexico is very simple and you don't have to care about competitions, jobs, or any kind about future because people care more about happiness and family rather than money and power. That is the primary reason of me loving Mexico. Even though Mexico may not have advanced technology, fast transportation, or tall buildings like Korea, they have wonderful nature as it has the world's greatest beaches, verdant mountains and rocky volcanoes. Excluding Mexico City, the other places have very clear skies with a light blue color and the clean white clouds would cover the skies around midnoon. People can smell the fresh air anywhere and enjoy the warm, radiant sunlight touching their skin. I remember the dogs barking in the mornings to wake their owners while the bugs around the trees would vibrate buzzing sounds. The weather is always cool or sunny because they don't have winter. I think that is the reason why I hate the cold and snow even to this day. I can't wait to go back to Mexico and enjoy the food. First, there is the tacos, a Mexican traditional dish made of wheat or corn tortilla wrapping a variety of ingredients like cheese, pork meat, avocado, vegetables, spices, and beans. Secondly, there are the burritos, also known as "little donkey" in Spanish. It looks similar to tacos because it is a roll of ingredients but it is much bigger mainly consisting beans and it is slightly steamed. I also cannot forget the marvelous taste of the salty and spicy chips. At first, it might be difficult for foreigners to eat the spicy food, but soon they will get used to it and quickly become addicted to them. I am visiting Mexico again this winter and I am very excited to meet my friends, my family, the places I want to visit, and of course, the food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment