Monday, November 9, 2015

wangluying/ chapter4final/ tue1pm

My space

 

If I have to choose a favorite place of all time, I would go with the East Coast Park.

It is one of Singapore's most treasured urban getaways, it is a totally serene place away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this long stretch of land with green grass, nice walkways and kind-of-curve-shaped beaches where waters of the Singapore Strait gently land upon. This is the ideal place to come and unwind while taking in great views of the strait. You can come for a leisurely walk or for camping or for some great seafood like Singapore's famous 'Chilli crab' at East Coast Seafood Centre where there's a cluster of restaurants near the east end of the park. Not to metion it offers an invigorating and exciting diversity of sporting, dining and recreational activities. With the theme "Recreation for All", the park has an activity for everyone.

It is my favorite place to go after school, I have spent countless time here with my friends and families, we hold class chalet and family dinners here. And also when I am tired and stressed out, I would always like to come to the East Coast Park after a long tiring day, riding alone the shore with the beautiful sunrise, it soothes my weary soul and rejuvenates my spirit. It's my favorite place to go to when I need to clear my head and think, or simply when I just need some me time.

 

At here, you can just sit back, relax and enjoy picnics under the swaying coconut palms, Casuarinas and Ketapangs, or have a fun stay at the holiday chalet available in the park. For those looking for action, there are myriad sporting activities such as beach volleyball, cycling, cable skiing and various water sports as well as an Xtreme SkatePark. In the evenings, you can have a barbecue or indulge in sumptuous cuisines at the nearby hawker center or restaurants while enjoying the cool sea breeze.

 

So if you ever have the chance to visit Singapore, spend a day here it is one of Singapore's most exciting invitations, just running, cycling, skateboarding, having barbeque with your family or friends, or even sitting only and seeing the seaside view and chilling will relax your mind and I think you would enjoy and love this place as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your writing. I could describe the East Coast Park well! I even wanted to visit there if I could. However, I felt like your writing was like a advertisement, especially the first two paragraphs. Your description was that great in a certain sense, but in other sense, I couldn't feel personal description well in the first two paragraphs. It would be much greater if the write shared his/her own experience, instead of just saying that the place was where he would visit often when he got stressed, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your writing. I could describe the East Coast Park well! I even wanted to visit there if I could. However, I felt like your writing was like a advertisement, especially the first two paragraphs. Your description was that great in a certain sense, but in other sense, I couldn't feel personal description well in the first two paragraphs. It would be much greater if the write shared his/her own experience, instead of just saying that the place was where he would visit often when he got stressed, or something.

    ReplyDelete