Sunday, September 13, 2015

Bo-won Kim/week2 assignment /Tuesday 1pm

Week2 Assignment

EIT 201300489

Bo-won Kim

 

To begin with, I must admit that my abilities and skills for writings are not very qualified. I lack confidence in writing, which made me avoid several writing classes before. Needless to say, I haven't done much writings either. However, there has been some of writing experiences throughout my school life. The earliest memory I have for writing is when I was in an elementary school. It was to make a book report of a book I had read. I remember this especially because I hadn't done any writings before this other than just diaries. In the book report I not only wrote about the book but also about what I felt from the book. I found it hard because I had to think of every detail in the book.

After graduating elementary school, writing assignments became extremely hard for me. They required my thoughts as well as academic words and phrases. This is when I began to get scared of writings. Because we don't usually use academic words in everyday life, I had to learn every word that writings required me. To make matters worse, there weren't any writing classes I could learn from. If there were any, it was just to make a quick research report, which doesn't require any of writing skills that I should learn. Same goes for an English writing. Writing in English was quite easy at first and I got a good grade because I tried hard and had fun while learning in the class. However, as time goes by and as writing classes required more writing skills from me, I found it hard.

 Even if I haven't done any writings before and failed some of writing classes or at times, I just gave up writings, I will fight myself to become a better writer from now on. I'll try to make myself feel comfortable about writings just like when I was okay with writing and was excited to learn new skills. I haven't really thought about how I'm going to write in details, whether to write to please myself or for the professor. But even I'm still a student now, I'm also an adult who can organize my own thoughts, so I assume I'm going to write just for the purpose of the text with the right form and arrange thoughts whichever comes up and write them down. I'll be looking forward to myself which will be a better me and a better writer.

 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To begin with, sorry about the comments. That was all me, struggling to change 'unknown' to my name. Sorry.
    I also agree with what you said;writing got much more harder when I entered middle school. I assume the reason we are not accustomed to writing is because we did not have much opportunity to organize and express our own thoughts in school. However, I believe that we can be friends with writing again, through participating activities in this class. All of us can be good writers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your writing, I thought about why we should fight ourselves to write something. Actually, I felt relieved I am not the only one. I think what made us connected is that we don’t have enough time to appreciate things around us. We run not to go jogging but to go to school on time, we go to the library not to read books but to memorize text books and we cannot feel a beautiful season is coming but feel recruiting season is coming. When do we see, talk and reflect on the world and people to write something wonderful? We, students, don’t have enough time. It’s not your fault. In this semester and this class, I hope you survive from the Writing War.

    ReplyDelete