Sunday, September 13, 2015

Wang Luying/ week2 assignment/ Tuesday 1pm

Now that I recall, I think my earliest memories related to writing was when I was about 8 years old, and I started to write my own diary in Chinese, and that's pretty much the start of it. After that, I have wrote quite a lot as well but mostly for school assignments and tests but not for personal reasons. I haven't write in a long time because I wanted to so I think I should start doing that, keep a journal or a diary that would be a great start.

 

I feel a lot more comfortable to write in my first language, I feel like I can write with more details in Chinese and I can express my views and points more clearly. And that's what I was hoping to improve through this class, to write in more details in English and have more confident when it comes to writing in English.

 

In my previous school, I have to write every single week, at least twice I would say. The topics are usually about what do we think on some certain topics or what do we think after watching a movie or read an article. Usually the teacher would correct our grammar or sentence structure and then tell how to improve our writing, but they usually don't say much about the content unless it is really off topic. So I guess that shows that they were more concerned and more focus on out grammar and spelling instead of our content. So now I would like to focus on both, my grammar and my content.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Bo-won Kim. My first writing was pretty much same as yours, just for school homeworks and not for myself. I also lack confidence especially in English writing, it's much harder to express my true feelings through this second language. I envy you that at least you had some writing experiences every week because I have almost no experience of writings in my school. I hope we both improve our English writing skills through this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Sieun Kim. The first thought I had after reading your writing was 'I want to see the paperworks written in Chinese.' Because for me, Chinese is really difficult language and writing in Chinese is an amazing thing. And I have no experience of writing a diary, so I also would like to know what advantages there are when you write your own diary. I hope that we can improve our English writing skills through this course. See you in class~

    ReplyDelete