Saturday, September 19, 2015

Ga Young Lee/week 3 assignment/Tuesday 1pm

"Stop running around in the restaurant!" That was my mom yelling at me when I was 4.I know it sounds weird to say that I remember what happened when I was 4. However, this story is something that is unforgettable.

It was a New Year's Day of 1998. My entire family went to Korean restaurant for a celebration. There was no one except us and waiters. I was one of the most trouble makers among 4 years old kids. I was running around tables while holding a chopstick. My mom was keep telling me to stop. I think I knew that what I was doing was wrong, but I think hearing "stop" from mom triggered me to run more. The joy that comes from disobedience made the 4 year old girl run like a horse. Then, I got too excited that I couldn't even see the sitting cushion in front of me. We all know what happened next. With those short legs, the only thing I could do was just to trip over the cushion. The chopstick that I had was the real problem. When I stood up, I felt some liquid running on my chin and jaw line. Then, in a sudden, I felt an enormous pain on my chin. My mom and dad ran toward me and they looked like they were shocked and terrified. Their face made me scared so I cried. My mom called 911 immediately and told them that the chopstick penetrated my right chin. I got shocked when I heard that the chopstick went through my right chin so I touched my chin and I felt the chopstick stuck in there. My mom must have been panicked that she took the chopstick out. Blood came out like a waterfall. Then I got into the ambulance and got the hole stitched up.

Now, I have a scar that looks like a dimple. When I was in elementary school, I used to hate it so much because I thought it as a scar. Now, I love it so much. The reasons are that I think it as a dimple and that it became one of my charm points and individualities.

 

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Dohoon. First, I've got to say your experience would have really hurt, and that you were lucky the chopsticks didn't stab your eyes. Anyways, coming back to the essay, the first sentence really caught my attention, because my mom always said those things to me when I was a kid. In addition, you said your experience was unforgettable, so it made me want to read further on. Also, the part where you described your behavior as a horse really helped me imagine the situation and how loud you would have been in the restaurant! It was very interesting to read your story, and I would like to know more about the pain you felt when the chopsticks struck your chin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an experience so dramatic that you will never forget. The introduction made me wonder what kind of story it was, especially because the intro does not contain much information. I usually prefer giving some hints on what I am going to say in main paragraphs, but I think this is a good strategy too. And you described all the details on how the accident happened, so it was very easy for me to picture as I read through :) - Ha-eun Jeong

    ReplyDelete
  3. SangJee Lee
    It was a quite scary story. I think you gave us a very clear image of what had happened. Description was very vivid and realistic. I loved the ending. However, I think you could have used a little bit more direct quotation to give the story more present feeling especially the middle part. I think it would make the whole incident more dramatic. But besides that I loved your story.

    ReplyDelete