Friday, September 11, 2015

Hyun woo Jun/Week 2 Assignment/Tuesday 1 p.m.

My experience with writing:

 

I never used to care about writing until I began to take some writing classes in HUFS. My previous professors taught me various ways to write entertaining papers and the fundamentals required to become a professional writer. Therefore, I could say that my first year in HUFS was a pleasant experience. I was able to have a strong start learning how to write English and feel the positive mentality that keeps me moving forward.

I had a bad experience with writing when I was young. I had to copy the words from books every single day, which were very tiring and boring. I also had problems writing good essays in high school. I had to practice writing essays various times so that I could keep up with the other students. These experiences made me think that writing does not involve freedom because I wanted to write something about myself and the things that I am interested about.

I think writing English for the first time was much more easier than Korean. The English grammatical rules were more simple and the words were easier to write. I could conclude that writing in English is more relaxing and less stressful than writing in Korean. When I write an writing assignment, I try to please both myself and the teacher because every teacher has their own style and rules for writing. I have to please the teacher to be in the right track. My favorite thing to do is to copy writing styles from professors and apply them to my writing. I will work hard and enjoy this class as much as I can. I also hope to become a better writer after this semester is over.    

 

Freewriting:

 

I love writing. Writing has helped me to improve my vocabulary and grammar skills, making me more confident in writing than talking or reading. Writing also helps me to relax and brainstorm all kinds of ideas, which that enhances my ability to become more creative.

 Writing down the ideas I have in mind has always been my biggest problem. I want to write down my ideas fully expressed and clearly. Unfortunately, reading books didn't help me improve. I believe that writing will be a major factor in my career so I thought that I should learn all the fundamentals of writing during this opportunity. 

1 comment:

  1. It's good that you learned a lot through writing classes on your first year. I wasn't the case unfortunately; I couldn't find right classes and professors on writing, and so this narrative composition class is the first writing class I'm taking at HUFS. I try to please both the teacher and myself as well when writing. It takes a lot of time for me to actually start writing, but it also means I take sufficient time on thinking and organizing my thoughts, so I guess it's not all bad. I hope you will achieve your goals through this class :) - Ha-eun Jeong

    ReplyDelete