Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hoyoung Kim/Week 3 assignment/Tuesday 1pm

             "Hey, why the door is closed?" that was my words to my friends. It was middle school lunch break. I and my friends were started to wait in front of the school gym. Just 15 minutes ago we rushed in to the cafeteria and devoured the meal. After a quick lunch we were supposed to have basketball training to prepare for the club-basketball competition. The doors were made of tempered glass and each door's handles were chained together. Back then we were so eager to play it, we were thinking about how to sneak into the gym.

             At first we just pulled and pushed the door thinking that if the chain is long enough, there will be enough space to get through. This was too naïve thought. Maybe we had have grown up too much. We thought about different way to get in, however, windows were too small, we didn't have spare key. There was no other way but to wait. Age of 16 kids, were not patient enough to stand still and just talk to each other. I was little bit upset and expressed the negative feeling to the door, the glass door. I pushed it harshly. First time, it was too okay so I misunderstood that the glass was strong enough to undertake my anger. I pushed it one more, one more and one more time. Eventually, the thing happened. The glass door has crashed into pieces, so many square shaped fragments. Fortunately no one hurt though there was terrible sound of crashing glass.

             We were panicked. I who broke the door was the most panicked. A few seconds passed, which feels like a few hours. One of my friend said that maybe we should clean up. We were all frightened thinking of the following punishment so we moved quickly. Some took broom some took dustpan and I brought big wastebasket. We were around 10 people so I didn't took long to gather all the fragments into the wastebasket. We knelt down and waited for our teacher bagging for forgiveness. And the time came. Teacher walked in and saw us. Also I saw him. I was frightened and felt sorry to my friends. I regretted countless times about my aggressive behavior. My teacher said something but I can't remember what he said. Maybe I was too nervous and panicked to listen to him. We were not punished and even not scolded. We just get trained as usual.

             Unlike my prediction, there were not any punishment on me. He just called me in and told me. "School required 200,000 won for compensation and I will call your mom. Don't worry too much, everyone makes mistake." There were not many words I could say. "I am so sorry teacher and thank you" In the afternoon my mother came and paid for broken door. I knew what I did and felt so sorry to her. I couldn't get my head up. However, my mother also didn't say anything about my fault. My mother also said to me that mistake is forgivable. I could feel my heart got worm. I could confirm my mother's love. After the happening I've got braveness of honestly say my faults to my mother. Though we didn't forgive me every time. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, first of all, I liked reading your writing. I thought the first paragraph was well-written and makes me to read on. I wanted to know more about the whole break-in process. The episode was quite vivid and intriguing but at the same time little bit confusing ; I didn't notice what you have learned until the last paragraph. I think it could have been better if you mentioned it earlier in your essay.
    - Harim Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi My name is Hwang Jeong-soo. I enjoy reading your article.
    a: It seems real because I think all middle school boys do like you. ^^
    b: I was just curious why teachers or someone else didn't come to you right after windows were broken although it was lunch time at school.
    c: Actually, I cannot tell you that your beginning is so intensive to read but "something at lunch time" is very familiar, so that I cannot help reading it.
    d: I think your past tense is good to describe your previous experience.
    e: I hope you describe your friends, which can makes your writing more realistic.

    ReplyDelete