Saturday, September 12, 2015

Yoona Kim/Week 2 Assignment/Tuesday 1pm

My attitudes/experiences with writing

 

I usually do two styles of writing. First style is to write for the school assignments and the other style is to write for some fun. My attitude towards writing significantly changes according to the type of writing I do.

First of all, the majority of my writings consists of school assignments. Due to the fact that I will be evaluated by the professors or the tutors, I usually start the writing with nervousness. Even though I conducted quite a lot of research that can prove that I understood the topic well, I am worried to make mistakes in my paper. In order to avoid those problems, I usually revise my paper few times, but I am still not sure whether it makes a good change. Such circumstances of writing affect me quite a lot but I always try not to limit myself to be affected by the nervousness.

Next, my writing activities other than academic ones are usually writing for entertainment. To be specific, I write about the movie I enjoyed watching, the places I have been to, the foods I enjoyed the most, etc. Whenever I do these kinds of writing activities, I find it really easy to do so because it is quite similar to the style of 'freewriting' that we have seen in the class. There are neither the worry for making mistakes nor the worry for being seen by someone. I can say that this type of writing is rather on the positive side because sometimes I find myself writing quite well when I do not have limitations of being nervous.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Lee Chaehyun.
    I've read your writing, and fantastic! The habit of writing always have positive effects on developing your academic writing skills, too! Actually, that's one of the reasons why people say we should write diaries every day. And don't worry about getting nervous about writing academic papers;I think including me everyone in this class have found academic writing pretty challenging, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm Sieun Kim. I felt sympathy on your writing. I also feel nervous when I write a paper for homework, especially if it's a kind of an essay. As each professor has different standard of grading an essay, I always get confused how I should write an essay to get a higher grade. So I really agree with you that writing as a school assignment is a difficult work to do. Moreover, I also enjoy freewriting just like you do for the similar reasons. I enjoyed reading your writing. See you in class!

    ReplyDelete