Friday, September 11, 2015

Chaehyun Lee/Week 2 Assignment/TUE 1PM

I usually do not like writing, especially writing school assignments. I often feel stressed out when the due date for the assignment is coming. I someway manage to hand the assignment in on time, but even before I start I get a bit nervous. 'What should I do if I get a C because of my poor writing skills?' It may sound ridiculous, but when I was a freshman, I was so worried about the report that accounted for 50% of the total grade, that I actually dropped that class!

I think the reason I hated writing so much in the past was because of the bad memory I had when I was in high school. At that time I went to a writing academy, where they taught students how to write a short well-organized essay. These writing academies were very popular then, because almost every high school student had to take writing exams (in Korean Nonseul) to go to a university. And in the academy we had proofreading time, which a teachers' assistance reads the essay students wrote and "corrects" the things they got wrong. That was the time I hated the most, because my essays were the one which got the lowest grades. My essays were always full of 'red marks'. Once I even cried because I was so desperate for writing good essays.

Fortunately, however, the more I wrote, the more I become accustomed to expressing my own thoughts, and I think the skills for writing could actually improve. I still don't enjoy writing, but I do not hate it as I did before. I guess the reason I hated it so much was because of the bad impression I got when I was in high school. Nowadays I take writing classes, with hopes to improve my writing skills, and to get friendlier with writing.

 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh is there a class that the report grade actually accounts for 50% of the total grade?? I would have dropped the class too. I have a similar experience as you when I was in highschool. I didn't like it as well and was desperate after reading the feedbacks, so I think I can understand how you've felt at that time. Let's try to make our impression towards writing to fully positive until this semester ends!
    -commented by Yeonjae Hwang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoona Kim 201100687

    As 연재 had said above, I can't believe there was a class which the report counts 50%! That's enough to let you feel nervous. I think having a experience of receiving a too much correction influence me a lot when writing in the future. I know it is helpful for me to improve my writing skills, but often it stays quite long as a bad memory...! Let's try our best in this class to reach our goal :)

    ReplyDelete