Friday, September 11, 2015

Yeonjae Hwang/Week2 Assignment/Tues.1pm

 

Carefully indulging in reminiscence, writing was never apart from me. According to my merely faded memories from the past, I first started to write in Korean with my best friend, proudly announcing to our mothers that we would publish a book. It was when we were 8 years old. We thought about the contents, plots, and even somehow managed to include necessary elements in a novel such as the main character's conflict and happy ending. We were happy. Back in times, we enjoyed our days. Then writing lyrics instantly popped into our mind, initiating us to create the melody and rhythms. Also we shared a secret diary and in turns wrote about anything that was of our interest. Likewise, writing was both inevitable and unavoidable since the year 2001.

When thinking of it, such happy memories were like a stepping stone for me to move on to further detailed writing. As time passed by, I learned to clearly express my thoughts not only in Korean but also English. My everyday habit such as taking short notes or writing a letter to my relatives enabled me to write in an informal way, whereas learning how to write essays and doing school assignments helped me to write in a more formal, academic manner.

Acquiring the ability to both write in Korean and English was wonderful. Writing my thoughts in diverse methods was even more. Frankly, it was a true blessing for me. I knew when to stop and when to go on with writing. Every time I had an invisible script in my mind and all I had to do was to express them in words. Throughout the years in HUFS, writing papers for my assignments wasn't that difficult; except that it took quite a long time to revise it over and over again. Fortunately until now, all my assignments were related with writing down my personal opinions and comments about a certain theme. After several times of receiving report grades, I realized that the key to make my writing beautiful was to write honestly, very honest to the extent that the readers could indirectly feel the same feeling as I did and to help them picture in their minds what I have experienced in the past. I simply did this for me. I wrote frankly not to please the professor, but me. 

 

2 comments:

  1. It seems like most of your past writing experiences have been positive. You had the fortunate opportunity to not only improve your academic writing but also informal personal writing. I also liked your conclusion on writing honestly. I guess truth always prevails. It was a good tip for me.
    Yeo Eun Ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. 201300729 Eunwoo Kim

    I really enjoyed her writing. It was surprising that she enjoyed writing that much from young age. As reading her writing, I could feel that she really has a passion for writing and learning how to write in English. I also want to learn various method to express my opinions in English and I believe that this class will be really helpful and practical for me.
    Just reading her essay, it helped me a lot, because there were many things different from my writing. Mine has a lot of 'I's, so it is quite boring, but hers has various expressions and it is really descriptive. That is what made this essay more fun!

    ReplyDelete