Monday, September 14, 2015

Eunwoo Kim/My feeling about writing/Tue 1pm

 I have two feelings about writing. First, I love writing. I like to write a diary when I have something that I want to remember for a long time and I enjoy writing letters to my friends. When it comes to free writing, I am usually happy to do that. Second, however, when I need to write an essay or short project for school, I get nervous. Because I think those kinds of writing need to be logical and organized. If I need to write them in English, nervousness becomes bigger. I get frustrated when I sit down and start the writing.  One day, I came to think and decide what to do. Should I give up writing? Or should I overcome this frustration? To learn and understand a language in deep degree, you cannot give up any skill among the 4 skills; listening, reading, writing, and speaking. So, I decided to overcome the frustration on academic writing. Then, how am I going to overcome that?

 There were several things that came up in my mind. First, "let's put myself into the situation that makes me to write regularly", which is one of the reasons that I am taking this class. If writing becomes a habit, my burden will become a habit also, therefore I will naturally accept it without pain. Second, "just start!" I usually spend a lot of time just to start writing. Because I want to write a perfect and good sentence from the beginning. I think that is the reason that I always write my assignment at the last minute. From the class, I hope I can overcome the burden toward a proper writing. I want to enjoy academic writing also. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I understand the way you feel about writing. I sometimes think there are too much rules we should follow to write our stories. When I was a child, I enjoy reading and writing what I read not for a record but for fun. But as time went by, I started to feel I should record something, follow the rules and write something with academic knowledge. Although we need time to change our attitude for writing, we take a first step into the bright writing world because we came here. Well begun is half done! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete