Saturday, September 12, 2015

Harim Kim/My Attitude toward Writing/Tuesday 1pm

My Attitude toward Writing

My parents like to read books and they both are pretty good writers. So since I was young, when I almost started to read and write, I wrote a lot. They didn't force me to write; they showed me the power of writing. That I will thank my parents for life. Now I tutor high school students for Korean writing as my part time job. However, I am not that confident with writing in English. But one thing that I am sure is you must not be afraid of getting criticized. Because good criticism might hurt you for a while, but it makes you stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Dohoon
    I think you are very lucky to have a very positive view about writing. I liked the fact that you did not write by force, but you actually knew the value of writing! As for me, I don't really have very good memories about writing, so my view is more on the negative side. I was always afraid of criticism toward my writing, but I was encouraged to have confidence about writing when I say you say, "good criticism might hurt you for a while, but it makes you stronger." With this kind of mindset, I believe you will improve writing in English very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I'm Sol
    I have similar experience with you, Your not the only one who have difficulty in writing. I also have same problem. This writing is simple, but if you explain your experience more specific, writing would be better. I hope you don't lose your confidence.

    ReplyDelete