Friday, September 11, 2015

Dohoon Hong/Week2 Assignment/Tues 1p.m.

To recall my memories, the earliest moment related to writing was probably writing a journal. Ever since an elementary school student, my mother almost forced me to write a journal every day. Hence, my attitude towards writing was rather on the negative side, because it was basically done by force. As I grew up and became a junior high student, I had encountered my writing tasks. Since most of my writing assignments had a due date, I was always under stress to finish the work on time. Also, I had to think a lot in order to organize my ideas and deliver the message effectively. Moreover, I had to think whether or not my written work is easily understood to the readers. Since I'm not a native speaker of English, I found it very difficult to write in a fluent manner. Hence, it made me more reluctant to writing.
 Most of my experiences with writing were not so positive. However, I do loved when I realized my writing got better as time went by. Every time I found myself improving, such as knowing more vocabularies and skills in writing, I was very happy. In addition, one time in high school, there was an English writing contest. I signed up for the contest and on the day of the contest, I wrote a timed essay. I'm a very slow thinker and writer, so I thought I did not do a very good job in the contest, but I got first place. I was very startled and confused, but it also gave me a little confidence in writing.
 Through this class, I hope to bring my confidence up to another level and write better without much pressure. However, the most important thing I really wish to achieve is to become friendlier with writing. I want writing to come to me as something positive and not negative anymore.

 

3 comments:

  1. I see that Dohoon has a negative attitude towards writing, yet it was interesting to find out his improvements. His personal experience about an English writing contest was a good example to show his achievement. As a person who've also had a lot of difficulties when writing, I could strongly agree and nod my head while reading. Personally, I think the best part his writing was his clearly changing attitude in terms of writing in a chronical order. I hope we could make our best out of this semester.
    -commented by Yeonjae Hwang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm Sieun Kim. It was funny that your mother forced you to write a journal, but I guess she is very intelligent parent. I wish I had a diary written when I was young, because I don't exactly remember what I have done and how I felt in my childhood. If I have written a journal, I could have just look at it. And I do agree writing with a due date is pretty stressful. That's why I also don't like to write a paper as an assignment. I hope I can feel improvement in writing through this class like you. I enjoyed reading your essay. See you in class~

    ReplyDelete