Thursday, September 17, 2015

ChangHwan Lee/ Week2 Assignment_ What Writing Means to Me / Tuesday 1p.m.

Writing use to mean a lot to me since the beginning of my education. I was given tasks from both school and at home to write in Korean and English. I wrote diaries and thoughts, even wrote poems. I never felt any embarrassment to write such thoughts and have others read them.
             My earliest memory of someone reading something wrote by me and was my grandmother. I wrote a birthday letter to my grandmother. I do not remember the exact content of the letter, but I remember it being praised my aunts. I could still remember the smile on my face. It is thrilling to impress someone with your writing.
             Then I moved to the US, I started going to public schools and learn the English language in an English speaking country. I formally had an education for English, so I quickly grew fond of the language. Even though mathematics was easy for me, English was always my favorite classes. The teachers were always different from one another. Their taste in books were never the same, and the perspectives in authors weren't either. I read for pleasure and indeed they were pleasurable. These novels pursued me to write something of my own. Whenever I was in a serious mood, or felt disconnect from the world, I would start to write something. Play with words almost.

Then once I moved back to Korea, I was not writing anymore. My college entrance exam never included writing essays, and so I could not practice scripting something. This could be an excuse, but at that time, I could no longer spare time to write anything for pleasure.

Now that I am in a class that requires me to write, I am more than happy to write now. I am eager to compare and contrast our writings, and share our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment