Wednesday, September 9, 2015

dan kim/week 2 assignment/ tuesday 1p.m

My experience with writing

I think my earliest writing was about when I was in elementary school. In that time I actually liked to write. And whenever there was a writing class I used to go on and on and on. Because that time, I thought that the longer the better; which is not quite true.

 The bad time I had with writing was my writing class for freshman in HUFS. I spend a whole lot of time doing research for my 'mini thesis'; yes, the final project for this class was write my own 'mini thesis' instead of final test. It was really hard class

 When I write, unless there're mandatory things for writing or any rules for it, I tend to write what I like. Because I think it is important what you want to write. Think about it, if you have to write with the theme you don't like and refrain all the lines you want to talk, how long could you put up with those boring work?

 

Free writing I did on the class

Writing is kind of fun sometimes and its good part is that if you get in the zone (like most other work is), time flies. But sometimes, writing sucks and I hate it. Because from time to time I'm not sure about whether my sentence is right or not. And all those punctuation! It's so disturbing! And it's hard to come up with the ideas you need. So the bottom line is that my feeling for writing is like flip side of coin. Sometimes I like it, but I also despise it too.

2 comments:

  1. Hyun woo Jun: I also used to think that longer essays were better when I first began writing. I like how you express your own feelings about writing. I agree with your opinion on the importance of writing what we want because I personally want to feel "free" and share the things I love through writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Sol. I think that feeling is familiar. HUFS freshman speaking/writing class is really hard especially someone who have less experience on English output. There's many time you can improve your ability if you try. But, assessment might be go on, I know.

    ReplyDelete