Saturday, October 10, 2015

Dohoon Hong/Chapter 3 essay 1st draft/Tuesday 1 p.m.

I have a friend named Tim. I first met him during my first year of high school. We were designated to a same class room and the first thing that caught my attention was his physical feature. He was short; probably one of the shortest people in school. He had a funny looking mushroom shaped hair style, and he did not look very masculine, because he did not have a lot of muscles. Although he was short, he stood out in the class, because he was called by the teachers often. Everyone in my class immediately considered him as the smartest guy in our class. His big dark glasses could have been one proof of such thought. Also, people who graduated from the same junior high as Tim told others that he was really smart.

It was not until April, almost a month after the start of the first semester, when Tim and I started to get friendly. Our class was preparing for a soccer game against another class, when Tim came up to me and asked what position I wanted to play. I told him that I would like to play the forward position with a surprise that Tim was also going to participate in the soccer game, too. The reason for the astonishment was that I thought Tim was a hard working student who always studies. However, he was a hard working student who also knows how to play sports well. During the soccer game, I was surprised to see him have good control of the ball with his short legs and agility. Since I loved to play soccer as well, we quickly became good buddies.

Through playing sports, I figured out that Tim has a nice personality and good sportsmanship. He would not scold anyone of their mistakes during a competition, and he would rather cheer them up so that they could do better next time. I've never seen anyone speak badly about Tim, and he was always getting along with everyone without any conflict. When he gets irritated sometimes because of someone's behavior, he would not express his anger right away, but he would rather try to solve the problem the best way to avoid any strife.

Now, Tim is serving in the military as a marine. He has grown taller over the years, and he got to have huge biceps because of hard training in the army. He is always striving to overcome his thresholds, and I feel very lucky to have such a friend to learn from.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! First of all, I would like sum up your essay in a sentence of 'Tim is an inspiring all-rounder friend to Dohoon.' This is because he studies hard, he plays sports well, and he also gets along well with other friend. There wasn't anything in particular that I could not understand in your draft whilst I could find out that your friend Tim affected you positively so that you chose to write about him. Is there any good memory between you and Tim? Maybe I would like to see that in your next draft. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 201300729 Eunwoo Kim

    "My proud buddy Tim is my best friend." can be the sum-up sentence. Dohoon is being proud of Tim because he is a hardworking person, has a nice personality, and he is wise to solve a problem. You can know that by "he would not express his anger right away, but he would rather try to solve the problem the best way to avoid any strife." There was nothing that I couldn't understand. I think the write chose this person to write about because he is his best friend that he is proud of. What I am curious about is that what they do when they meet as adults. Do you play the soccer sometimes, just like you did in your teen aged years?

    ReplyDelete