Monday, October 12, 2015

Lee Chaehyun/Task 3.2/TUE 1PM

Last Sunday I went to Starbucks near my home to study for the midterm test. There were already lots of people there, especially students who came to study, just like me. After receiving the ordered coffee and a few minutes of wandering around, I finally managed to get a seat, settled down and started to study.

An hour later, two young men sat next to me, each holding a laptop computer. I only observed the man who sat right next to me because he was blocking my sight, and I could not see his friend very well. He looked fairly young; I am sure he was around his twenties, probably a student like me. He was wearing a black, warm-looking hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. Since he was pretty skinny, the thick, black rimmed glasses of his gave him a sharp look. The two men left their seat for a while, came back with two Venti-sized iced Americano, and flipped open their own laptops.

The one who sat right next to me said something about buying genuine Windows software. "Windows software, they cost more than hundred thousand won if you buy the real one! I think you should consider buying the computer that has all the programs installed in the first place." He was talking with his friend, with his sharp-looking eyes fixed on the screen of the laptop. He said something such as, "We need to apply 'syllogistic reasoning' in this part." He talked a lot about programming which sounded fairly professional. This made me think that he is a student who has a knack in computer programs, or maybe a real programmer who came to Starbucks with his friend to discuss a new program they were working on. Whatever his real job was, he surprised me because he looked so young that I thought he was a college freshman when I first saw him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment