Saturday, October 10, 2015

Yeonjae Hwang/Chapter 3 essay draft/Tuesday 1pm

 

This is about my close friend. First to describe her appearance, she wears slightly round shaped black glasses and has a short black hair with fringe. Her height is about 165cm and her foot size is 250mm. More into detail, she has shiny long real dark colored eyes and middle sized nose. Most of all, she has beautiful and quite thick lips with clear lip line, which makes her appearance more attractive. Usually she wears seemingly comfortable clothes such as training sets or just casual hoodies. I have met her for a number of times but I haven't seen her wearing jeans at all. As far as I know, she is not that girlish however she likes to wear simple accessories like rings and earrings.

Besides her outer appearance, I found out that she has an eccentric magnetism in her personality. In short, she has double sidedness which sometimes makes me confusing and at the same time very novel. Specifically, she is active and talkative. She likes to sing along with her friends and enjoys drinking alcohols, but sometimes turns into an introvert. She seems powerful and energetic yet is weak in the inside. Also, she sometimes is very emotional, whereas at times becomes very rational. So to me there are days when she seems very thoughtful and adult-like, while frequently seems childish. She becomes both fully dependent and reliant. Overall, she is a double edged sword as I do not know which personality of her will pop out. At first, it was confusing for me to become accustomed to her but I now think that this is her core feature that makes her stand out in the crowd and the main reason I view her as appealing.

Frankly, I do not know why she is the way she is now. All I can do is guessing and I drew up a conclusion that all her outer and inner traits derives from the path she walked in the past. It shows her living: her style, preference, experience, characteristic, and personality. The reason she is important to me is not about her outlook or her vague personality. It is about human goodness that I found in her and just to add a poetic touch here, she takes up a large part of my daily life since she is the way she is now.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Hyun woo. I was amazed how well you know about your friend such as her foot size, her likes, and her facial appearance. I also liked how you described carefully each of all those personality changes to show how confused you were at the beginning and slowly get used to it. However, I am curious about your friend. It would be better if you wrote how she is today and what she is doing academically and socially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my name is Lee Chaehyn. I enjoyed reading your essay. What an interesting friend you have, and how specific your descriptions are! Sorry my feedback comment is very long, but I tried to answer them as many as possible.
    1. I see your friend is such an attractive person. She looks like someone who enjoys her life and has a free soul, but sometimes is very shy.
    2. I could tell from the part that she always wears comfortable clothings, likes to sing and drink.
    3. In your essay you revealed your friend's appearance and what she does, but I couldn't find the parts about what she says and what others say about her.
    4. Hm, personally I don't understand why you put her foot size in the intro part. I think readers can imagine what she's like very well, without the foot size part.
    5. The reason you chose this particular person is because her features are very unique. (Just my thoughts) I do think your friend has a interesting characteristics.
    6. I want to know more about her 'introvert, adult-like' part. Can you give me specific examples that showed she's a introvert kind of person?

    ReplyDelete