Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ha-eun Jeong/First Draft of Chapter 3 Essay/Tuesday 1 p.m.

             It was on my first day in New Zealand, on July 5, 2006, when I first met Joanne, who is my best friend today. My first impression of her was unforgettable; she was wearing her school uniform t-shirt and trousers, and she was barefoot when she came out to greet me and other newcomers. She did not seem to be bothered by the fact that it was winter except for her red cheeks. Neither she nor I certainly never expected that we would become best friends in the future.

             We did not really get along until after several months, not because we did not like each other, but we just had different groups of friends. Joanne had arrived here to study abroad months earlier than I did, and I had my own friends who came here with me. We used different rooms (and even different houses for some periods) for a while, so we did not really have a chance to get to know each other more. We finally started to get close after we came to Korea for a few weeks and left for New Zealand again. Ever since we went back to New Zealand together, we got to use a room together, which made us very close to each other.

             Just like my first impression of her, she was a naïve girl, and she always loved sharing things with others. She liked to cook, so whenever she cooked she made food for all of us, not just for herself. Although both of us were only child, she was better at taking care for others, and I learned such consideration for others from her. Now, after almost ten years we first met, she has become a gorgeous, independent city girl majoring in industrial design. She still likes to invite me and our friends to her house to serve nice food she makes, and she never forgets to buy souvenirs whenever she goes travel. Although I miss some naïve parts of her in the past, such as walking barefoot with her cheeks red, I love her the way she is, and I am sure she does the same on me.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! First of all, I would like to sum up Joanne in a sentence of 'Naive and cool city girl who is caring people around her including Ha-eun.' The reason being, you directly said that she is a naive person by mentioning her first impression. Also, Joanne likes to cook for others and now she became a gorgeous woman. However, I wasn't sure whether you and Joanne lived together in a house. I was able to find out that you care about her a lot so that you wrote about her. Lastly, is there any specific pleasant memory between you and your friend? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Dohoon.
    1. I would say your friend is "Naive and a very caring person."
    2. She described her friend as naive as her first impression, she never forgets to buy souvenirs, and she loved sharing things with others.
    3. The person looks gorgeous.
    4. There was nothing that I did not understand in the essay.
    5. I think she chose to describe Joanne because they are best friends and they know each other well.
    6. What kind of physical or facial features does Joanne have?

    ReplyDelete