Monday, October 12, 2015

Yeo Eun Ki/Task 3.2/ Tuesday 1 pm

Two women were sitting at the table right across from mine. A man and a woman were sitting at the table to my right, sharing what looked like a vegetarian pizza. And then, in the corner, was a young couple whom I decided to divert my attention and time to.
 
The young woman's light hazel hair was cut in a bob, and a lock of hair fell across her forehead right between her eyebrows. She wore tight fitting jeans and a comfortable navy blue sweater. And the man sitting across from her whom I presumed to be her boyfriend was big man, heavily built and solid looking. The black t-shirt he was wearing stretched tightly across his broad back and he wore a dark blue cap pushed firmly down on his head. When she reached out and clasped his one of his hand affectionately, he didn't look up from his phone. Taking no notice, she continued talking to him with a quiet smile on her face, occasionally rubbing her thumb across the top of his. Her boyfriend would look up once in a while, say a few words and nod.
 
Their drinks arrived, carried over by a tall and lean server with a buzz cut. After a brief pause of him setting down a white mug and a tall glass of iced coffee, the woman unlaced her hand from the man's and leaned over to take a sip from the iced coffee. Then, she pushed it towards the boyfriend and slid the white mug closer to herself. The boyfriend finally lifted his eyes from his phone and took his drink. His massive hand seized it and he drank deeply. His girlfriend looked pleased and talked to him some more.
  They sat like this for a long time. I ended up finishing my own coffee first. As I wiped my mouth and got up from my seat, I was strangely satisfied to see that the man had put down his cellphone and was intimately talking with his girlfriend. She was writing something down on a notepad and together seemed to be discussing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment