Monday, October 12, 2015

Sangjee Lee /Task 3.2 /Tuesday 1.p.m

On the subway

I was on the subway heading home. It was quite late; I think it was almost midnight. The person sitting right in front of me instantly caught my eyes. I think it caught almost everybody's eyes because it was pretty hard not to notice him. If I saw him somewhere else, maybe at daylight, he must have looked normal; almost boring. But he was almost unconscious. His face was very yellow like he had gotten sick that day. His tie was loosely hung around his neck and his shirt which must have been clean at morning now had wrinkle all over it. He was holding his brown bag tightly with his two hands like it was his life savior. The most awkward thing happened the moment after I saw him. He was swinging side by side in his seat for a while and then his body tilted to the left side like he was lying sideway in his bed and he put his head on person's back who was sitting next to him. The person who was sitting next to him looked like a student and he was playing smartphone game with such a joy without having any idea what would happen to him the next minute. Maybe I will call him B and tired looking average salary man A. So the moment A's head settled on his B's back, B's facial expression slightly changed from happy to surprise. But as A's head didn't budge an inch and stayed on B's back for several minutes, B's face got redder and redder. It was quite understandable he felt embarrassed because the whole crowd was looking at him with such interest. I tried not to look because I felt sorry for B. But I couldn't stop looking, because the whole situation was so interesting. After about 10minute, A's body started to swing again as subway was passing the quite bumpy railway. B was sitting on his left side and there was another man sitting on his right side. As the man sitting on A's right saw A's body moving, he instantly got up and left the seat. Since there was no person in his right side A's body almost bended in half toward right side. After staying there for several minute A moved back to his original position which made B looked like the most miserable person on earth. But I thought B was a very nice person since he didn't even try to push A away or just leave. The only utterance I heard from A before he hurriedly got off the subway was, "Oh, where am I, What time is it? Is this Jongno?" I felt very sorry for A too.

No comments:

Post a Comment