Monday, October 12, 2015

Ha-eun Jeong/Task 3.2/Tuesday 1 p.m.

             I went to Café Artisée near my home last Saturday after lunch. It was a bit crowded with other residents as usual, especially because it was after lunchtime, but fortunately I got a nice spot at the corner. I sat down and took out my laptop, and then I spotted a girl across my table. She was sitting alone like I was, and was reading a book with her headphones on. I could not read the title of the book since the distance was not close enough, but it seemed like she came to the café just to read a book. She was wearing a boxy hoody and training pants―she was obviously a resident here. After about 10 to 15 minutes, she stood up and went to the cashier. She was slim and petite, probably around 160cm. When she came back to her seat, she had two macaroons in her hand. And whenever she had a bite, I could see a bit of happiness across her eyes. I am not sure if she was really smiling because of the sweetness macaroons gave, since I could only see her eyes and nose when she was holding her book, reading, but she seemed naïve. She checked her phone from time to time, but other than that she concentrated on her reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment