Saturday, October 31, 2015

Yeonjae Hwang/Chapter 4 draft/Tuesday 1pm

 

The building was actually turned out to be a two story high café. Later I found out that it was originally a house but the family members renovated it to a large café. The place was not that far from where I lived, however to my surprise it was my first time knowing the existence of it. As I entered the place, I was first amazed at the interior and its cozy atmosphere. Because the time I visited was quite early, not many people were there and I was able to sit around the corner, which always is my favorite spot. With delicious hot cocoa served, seated at my most preferred seat where there seems to be absolutely no disturbance, great instrumental music streaming into my ears, and finally with the touch of warm sunlight reflected by the large window made everything around me stop. It was a moment captured for my entire life. I simply loved the place and the atmosphere. I enjoyed watching people outside walking pass by, the leaves falling to the ground, and cars moving slowly and steadily in a sound motion. There, all my combined feelings of anxiety and worry were melted away. Instead, it was altered to peacefulness. It was the first time I could relax and the first satisfactory time spent by my own. From that day on, whenever I want to take a rest I go there early in the morning and of course take the most preferred seat. I order other delicious menus and literally enjoy my time being there. Particularly, I love to visit the place during winter seasons as the coziness and beautiful scenery appears more dramatic to me. Especially on Decembers, I always have a strange ritual of my own in terms of sending Christmas cards to my close friends and relatives. So with a bunch of cute cards and stickers, I run to the cafe and start to write one by one.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Jun Hyun woo. I liked how you described the comfortable atmosphere in the two story high cafe. I also enjoyed reading the sensory details such as listening to music and feeling the warm sunlight because it helped me to imagine what is going on. Even though you described the people walking by outside, I was curious how the inside of the cafe would look like such as decorations or the stairs to the second floor.

    ReplyDelete