Monday, October 19, 2015

Eunwoo Kim/My heaven-sent friend_CH3 Final essay/Tue 5,6

My heaven-sent friend

 

 His name is Shin Yo Han which means John from the bible. His father, who is a pastor, named him like that. I have known him since 2013. I met him on the bus on the way to the workshop for the overseas volunteering program. Actually, he was a friend of my friend Bora from my university.

 "Hi, aren't you a friend of Bora?"

 "Yes! Oh, are you Yo Han? I've heard of you from Bora. Nice to meet you!"

 What a coincidence! I and he were planning to go overseas through the same volunteering program. That was our first meeting. Our next meeting was consecutively coincidence. I attended a summer camp called TGLC(Tomorrow Global Leaders' Camp) and I saw him being a campus reporter. I was amazed at him doing such an awesome work as an university student. Just in time, the <Tomorrow> magazine was looking for the new campus reporters, so I applied for it. Since I and he were preparing the same overseas volunteering program and working as campus reporters for the same magazine, we spent time together very often.

 He loves singing. He has baritone voice which sounds very soft and nice. He loves musical, jazz, and old pop. He always dreams to be an actor on a stage. Being a high school student, he lived in a dormitory. One day, he sang a song named Merry Chri by BOA, a female singer, in a restroom in his room. Since he sang so passionately, other students from upstairs declared him to a teacher. However, his passion toward singing never ended. Still, whenever I am with him, I see him singing very often. We sometimes sing African a cappella together and it is so much fun. If I get stressed sometimes because of many works, we sing together and it is one of my best stress relievers.

He is a well listener. Whenever I write articles for the magazine, it is never easy to me. If I am stuck while writing, I call and tell him everything about how I want to write this article, what the structure is to express my thoughts, but how I get stuck while writing. Then, he would say while listening "Oh, really? I got what you mean. But why do you want to write it in that way? Is there any special reason that you want to write like that?" He throws me some more points for me to think about it deeper, then somehow my problem becomes nothing later on. When he sympathizes with me struggling and having some problems, I am able to organize my thoughts better.

He is the best buddy to get some advices. One day, I fought with one guy friend because he said something rude to me. I was so mad at him and called Yo Han with high temper. I told him everything what happened and waited to listen to him reacting to sympathize with me. However, what he said was "Did you ask why he said like that to you? There must be a reason. I hope you guys talk each other deeply." instead of "Oh, he is so bad." At first, I felt bad because he didn't agree with me, but that made me to stop being angry and think about the friend's heart who made me angry. If Yo Han only just agreed with me, my mind set would stick to the thought that the guy friend is the bad one and I am the right one. I was thankful to my friend who made me to stop being upset and think rationally. I am really happy and lucky to have a friend like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment