Monday, October 19, 2015

wangluying/ chapt3final/ tues1pm

I can still remember the first time I saw him, clear and like it was just yesterday.

I met him on a warm Saturday afternoon a year ago; it was my first job working as a teaching assistant in a language school, I felt a sea of anxiety deep down, as soon as I stepped into the office, I can feel my palms beginning to sweat, and I can't help but started to bitten my nails, and that is when I first saw him.

He stood up, and walked towards me, tall, short dark hair with some blonde patches, tan skin, dark green eyes with a yellow ring around them which always reminds me of the earth from space. His habit of dress, however, was rather casual, but he looked good in that dark navy blue school T-shirt and a pair of mustard jeans, smiling. Then he reached out to me and said: 'Welcome to our school, its so great to meet you, don't be nervous I am new here too, this is my second week and I'm sure you are gonna do great here.' with a deep British accent.

I forgot about how nervous I was. And he became one of the most important reasons why I loved to work there. He would always help me out when I don't know how to deal with younger kids or their parents, he had taught me a lot with in just 3 months.

Working with him was such a great experience and he was the best working partner anyone could ever ask for. He was surprisingly good with kids at the age of 25. He never get tired helping the kids with their pronunciation no matter how many times he have to repeat them, and he influenced the kids to read more books and to actually devote themselves into learning English. He was talented and very friendly to the kids too. He never turned down anyone whenever someone asked for his help and advice.  

He taught not only English but guitar as well, which was his major back in university and I can still remember during the break time, he liked to play guitar to his students and made them sing the ABC song to it and sit in a big circle around him.

Up to today, he is still always there willing to help. Similarly, his other ways did not resemble those of a teacher. I am the kind of people who are always on edges and always worry about too much, but on the contrary, he is a quite laid back and easygoing kind of person. He can always make my big problems seem so small like they were nothing, I feel really comfortable and relaxed whenever I am around him.

He is always so positive and he knows when to be serious and when to be funny which is what I love about him the most.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment