Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Youjung Kim/Final draft of Chapter3 essay/Tues 1p.m.

    My Father 

 

"Wow, he looks like Tom Cruise. I'm falling in love with him!"

This was my friend's reaction upon seeing my father for the first time. I have always felt proud of my father, because I knew that he was not like any other fathers.

    My father is lean but muscular. He has played soccer every week for years. I think that is why he is a well-built man for his age. Wrinkles on his face show he is not young, but his hazelnut eyes are bright and shiny, like those of a young man. He has a radiant, almost boyish smile on his face, which shows his personality. He has such a good sense of humor that he never fails to make the family laugh even in the most serious situation. He is a person who makes everyone laugh at a family reunion.

    My father place a great value on education. He said, "You can never have too much knowledge. There is no end when it comes to educating yourself. Learning is what makes you human. I find joy in learning various things in the different fields, and I hope you do too." When I think of my father, I always picture him reading books. His study room is filled with numerous books about different topics. He reads books about science, economics, history and so on. Sometimes he reads books for hours without even taking a short break. As much as he loves gaining knowledge from books, he is a huge fan of music. He listens to classic music in his car and his office. Not only he enjoys listening to the music, he tries playing it himself. He even has his own electric piano and guitar, and almost everyday, he practices playing the piano and the guitar on his own.

My father and I like to take a stroll, or watch movies together. I also enjoy going to the soccer field, and watch him play. Sometimes he shares his old memories, like when he was dating my mother, or when he was a highschool student, which my sister and I enjoy listening to the most.

    My father's motto in life is 'happiness.' When I was going through a difficult time in highschool, he handed me a book called 'How to be Happy', and even gave me small tips on how to be positive and happy. He would sing a song to me, and say "When you feel down, you should try singing. Singing makes you happy."

    To me, he is a fresh breeze blowing on my forehead even in the hardest, toughest time, reminding me that life is not about sweating it out. He once said to me, "Happiness is the most important value in your life. You live, because you want to be happy. You always have to remember things to be grateful for in your life, and try to stay positive no matter what."

    He is an evergreen, because I know he is always there for me, when I need him the most. I feel fortunate that I can proudly say, "My father is the best father in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment