Friday, October 9, 2015

My friend HK

After I got into the university, I joined the club to make some friends. Because, for me, I really hated the alcohol that time, it was kind of hard to get along with the guys in the same department. Anyway, I found a club that looks interesting and I went there. And when knocked and opened the front door of the club room, there was a chubby, short haired, and he had a face of somewhat middle age guys, man was in the room. At first I thought he might be a leader or a senior of the club. But actually, he was also freshman like me. I was really shocked by the fact.

 

Although he was fat and looked like an old guy, in fact, he was fat with his witty and mischievous. He had a good sense of humor. Whenever he was with us, he made us laugh out loud with his sarcastic humor. Although, sometimes he went out the line and made some people uncomfortable, because of that black comedy. But as soon as he felt some awkward air made by him, he acknowledged his fault and gave him or her sincere apologies. So everybody in the club actually liked him and he was indispensable.

 

He was also walking dictionary. And it was quite surprising. When I mumbled to myself like "ah what was the name of guitarist in Red Hot Chili Peppers?" or "which country colonized the India…", he noticed my curiosity and answered with correct answer. And when we went out somewhere to play together, he at least knew 3 or 4 fun or interesting fact about the location and made us awe in his knowledge. Once I asked him "why are you so knowledgeable?" then he replied "oh, actually one of my hobbies is looking up the Wiki dictionary. It's pretty fun." . He was really smart guy.

 

But there were some flaws too. Especially he lacked self esteem. As a matter of fact, he had to spend 1 more year to get in to HUFS, because he failed his first SAT.  So he used to goes like "oh... I'm already lagging 1Y behind you guys, it's already late for me to start a new things." And other problem was he was really full of negativity "No, I won't make it…" , "trial and error makes people pathetic not improvement." , "Nobody likes me." . He always tagged along with those bad thoughts. And personally, I really didn't understand why he had to be so negative. He was very funny and wise guy into my eyes.

 

For now, he's serving his duty in the army. So I would be able to see him about 2Y from now. Had not been for him, my school life would have been boring. And everybody in the club also thinks like that. So I hope he take care well in the army and greet us with his bad sense of humor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment