Saturday, October 10, 2015

Lee Chaehyun/First Draft of Chapter 3 Essay/TUE 1PM

My mother


Narrative Comprehension TUE 1PM

Lee Chaehyun

 

My mom is a very energetic and diligent person. She has a short and black hair, a round face, eyebrows that are strong-willed as steel, but also has big black eyes that reveal she is an affectionate, warm-hearted person. She is the one that influenced my thoughts about importance of managing one's time.

During the weekdays she is very busy, yet always manages her time very well. My mom gets up early in the morning at six, makes us breakfast, and prepares to go to work. Working as a pharmacist, she do not come back home until 7PM. After she comes back home, right after changing her clothes, she goes out again to do her evening exercises, which is the part that she impresses me the most. I always ask her, "Aren't you tired? Your legs must pretty hurt." I've worked part-time in her pharmacy for a couple of weeks, and seen her so busy that she doesn't have time to sit down and relax for a while, except during lunch breaks. Then she replies, "Yeah, they hurt, but if I don't go working out for even a single day, I don't feel very refreshed." I always tell her I don't understand the part she relieves stress by working out, because I hate exercising. She says, chuckling, "You have to be diligent like me if you want to lose some weight." Then I can't say a word, because she's right.

Besides her daily working and exercising hours, my mom attends a study group once in a week, to study more about the medicines and their prescribing instructions. Her pursuit of learning is very strong; she thinks learning does not go with age. After the studying session ends, she comes back home very late on 12 AM. Recently, she also started learning how to use DSLR camera. She has great interests in taking pictures with it, and regards it as one of her new hobbies.

As I am a very lazy type of person, always lying in bed until the very last hour, I once asked her, "Don't you feel very tired, making yourself so busy almost every day?" "Of course I feel tired." She answered. "However, as long as I have enough strength to carry out this routine busy life, and as long as I have time for these self-developments, I feel thankful for it." I was utterly impressed by these optimistic thoughts of hers, since I acted totally opposite of her; I don't like to be busy, I hate going out of bed, I hate exercising… I have always been lazy, although I was more than twenty years younger than my mom. Her words changed my thoughts about managing my own time effectively.

Nowadays I try to get up early, try to go to cafes to study in the weekends, and try to go walk the dog in my free time. The lesson my mom gave me also significantly changed my former routine life of going to school in weekdays and staying in bed all day during the weekends. I will always keep her words in mind, and maybe try to go working out with her and get to like exercising someday.

 

2 comments:

  1. 1. The author's mother is very energetic, hardworking, and diligent.

    2. Her mother gets up early, prepares breakfast, goes to work, and then goes out for a work out again.
    Even when she is tired she still goes to study groups and expresses interests in new hobbies.
    She time manages very well.

    3. The author describes what the mother looks like what she says and does.

    4. I understood everything clearly.

    5. I think that the author gets inspired and challenged by her mom's daily habits and admires her.

    6. Has your mother always been hardworking amd diligent? How did you feel about it when you were younger?

    Yeo Eun Ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Youjung Kim.
    I enjoyed reading your writing, and I also got really motivated while reading about your mother.

    1. The author's mother is deligent, enthusiastic, and motivational person.

    2. First, the fact that she wakes up at 6a.m. to make breakfast for her family, and that she works out everyday after work clearly shows that she is a deligent person, who uses time very wisely.
    Second, she goes to group study to further study about medicines, and also started learning how to use DSLR, which makes me think that she has a great passion in life.
    At last, I think she is motivational, because she inspired her daughter to be more deligent and live life like her mother.

    3. The author revealed what the person looks like, what the person says, and what the person does.
    In the first paragraph, the author described her mother's appearance, like the color of her hair and eyes.
    The author used direct quoations of her mother throughout the writing.
    The main focus of this writing is about what the person does. The author explained her mother's daily routine and what she does for self-development.

    4. I understood everything.

    5. I think the author chose her mother as a topic, because she was the one that had a great influence on her life.

    6. What do other people around her say about your mother?

    ReplyDelete